EGYPT is a nationally known television and radio personality. She is currently the host of “Bartender Wars” on The Fine Living Network in 55 million households as well as the correspondent for “The Maury Show“. Egypt was also recently a weekly pundit on “The Morning Show with Mike and Juliet”, entertainment reporter for BET’s “The Black Carpet”, popular national radio personality, and co-host of the formerly syndicated WB daytime TV hit, “Home Delivery”. Egypt is a major force to be reckoned with in the entertainment industry! This multi-media do-it-all has been consistently making a name for herself in TV, radio, commercials, and on stage. The award winning broadcast talent was best known as the former co-host of the Power 105.1 Morning Show in New York. Egypt is also known for being a staple in other radio stations in major cities like 100.3 The Beat in Philadelphia and 92Q in Baltimore. Egypt is the voice of Premiere Radio Networks “Synopsis” entertainment report which is broadcast in over 60 cities on the “Live in the Den with Big Tigger” program, making her one of the most recognizable voices in the syndicated radio arena.
In her hometown of Philadelphia, Egypt earned a Bachelor of the Arts degree from Temple University while majoring in Broadcasting and Telecommunications. She was also a theater student at New York University’s Tisch School of the Arts. Egypt counts being a licensed real estate agent as one of her many talents. Egypt has been featured in The New York Daily News, Time Out New York, BE Magazine, Black Enterprise Magazine, Source Magazine, KING magazine, Today’s Black Woman, Today’s Black Man and various other magazines. Egypt was named #2 on R&R Magazine‘s “Power Player on the Rise” Top 10 list. In addition, she also received the “Executive to Watch” Award from NABFEME (National Association of Black Female Executives in Music & Entertainment).
25 Fun Facts about Egypt
1) I have learned that it's never too late to make a change! Change your mind and change your life.
2) I just lost 23 lbs and have been in the gym at least four times a week for the past 3 months. But I still feel like a big girl. Why is that?? I'm literally doing 25 jumping jacks after I eat a bag of chips.
3) As much as I think Reality Shows are exploitative (is that a word?) and 1 step away from bamboozlement (is that a word too??), I still can't turn away from them. I'm literally hooked. I've watched Real Housewives, Tough love, Love of Ray-J, Rock of love, and every other "Of Love" show there is......The Tough Love finale was disappointing.
4) My goal is to own a franchise this year....either a Rita's Water Ice or Coldstone Creamery...mmmmm
5) Pickles are my 3am obsession....Particularly Garlic Pepper Pickles. You have to throw a few spoonfuls of fresh minced garlic and some hot peppers in the jar and let it sit for a few days. OMG!! its a hot breath taste explosion.
6) Gandhi said "the key to happiness is to live life with no attachment". More and more these days I'm understanding what that means. Imagine if you had no mortgages, no car payment, no insurance, no credit cards, no big monetary commitments at all..........what would you be free to do with your life and your creativity?? Trapped are the ones who work to live.
7) I sometimes wonder why no one has invented a curling iron that you can plug into your car lighter. On rainy days that would be da bomb!!! Don't try to jack my brainchild. I just registered it for patent :op
8) Would you believe I'm very shy???? Most people wouldn't. My alter ego is fearless and outgoing....I think I created that side because the real me used to be painfully shy.....Crazy how I wound up in broadcasting. I will never understand it.
9) Aside from my grandmothers, I'm the shortest in my family. Even my 11 year old niece is bigger than me. She's 5'7" and wears a size 9 shoe. Don't worry I'm already getting her ready for the WNBA draft!! lolol
10 ) I'm a huuuge dog lover....Ace, Pepper, Nubian, Muzzy, and Dutch were all my dogs. Now they each belong to a separate member of my family :o(........I said I love them, I didn't say I could train them.
11) I always forget my own phone number.
12) I despise the entertainment industry but love the work. I truly believe the only way to maintain sanity is to be IN the business but not OF it.....some people get it screwed up and rely on their title to validate them. Then when they get laid off we hear about them jumping off buildings. What a pity.
13) I'm learning that you start to age when you lose your passion for life and when you don't have a dream. You gotta Dream..
14) I'm becoming my mother in so many ways....except her great cooking.
15) I know for a fact that I MUST move somewhere sunny and bright in the next ten years. The weather can really have an affect on your mood and skin.
16) I adore children but am truly not ready for my own just yet....shiiiiit I can't even keep a dog for longer than a year. I just started volunteering for an organization that works with crack addicted babies.........so small and helpless. Sometimes I want to adopt them but I know I can't.
17) Royal Blue and Emerald Green are my favorite colors in the world. They make me feel happy. I tend to eat all the blue and green M&M's out of the bag first.
18) Shoes are my fetish!!!!! I buy at least one new pair a week but wind up rotating the same 4 pair because they're comfy. Yes I have a shoe store in my garage and I don't give a damn what anyone says about it. That's my guilty pleasure......my addiction could be ALOT worse. feel me?
19) Love Love Loved!!! The Showtime & HBO series' "Big Love", "True Blood" and "The Tudors"
20) Sometimes I hear God talking to me but in another language. Does that make sense??? In other words, I know he's trying to tell me something and get my attention but I can't understand what he is telling me. Continuously I pray for clarity or to be multi-lingual....lolol. My mentor says things will be clear and my purpose will be revealed at the right time.
21) Is it me or does it seem like the world is infatuated with big butts??? This is really getting ridiculous.
22) I've started writing 3 books and have yet to finish any of them....thats been on my "to do" list since August 2008
23) Sour Patch Kids are the best thing ever invented next to Sour watermelons.
24) I am determined to live my life with no regrets. I still have a few that I'm sorting out...I'm a work in progress but I'm almost there.
25) I can't and have never been able to touch my toes....(wtf)