Forums

Why Are Black Men So Concern About Black Women's Hair? (3,821)

Comments Options
Sort comments by:

ACCOUNT CLOSED
CLOSED

Male, Age Private, Washington, DC

Posted January 08, 2011

saxman16
saxman16

Male, 29, Florissant, MO

I've never heard of such songs, and the response you see here should indicate that those songs are the extreme minority. I know that there are songs and tracks praising natural black hair, too. There are songs affirming/rejecting blondes, brunettes, and most likely redheads, as well. If you're talking about R&B or a rap track, then I could go on a ten page rant about how they generally hold black people back far more (and with far less risk of retaliation) than white slavery ever has.

Chris Rock, and native92001 raised valid points. For the record, I'm only going by the first page of that thread, because it's almost 300 pages long. Black women are far more likely to hide their hair, or disguise it by way of altering the texture itself. If the amount was proportional to other ethnicities, it wouldn't be much of an issue, but Black women are DOMINATE that demographic.

It's interesting that you would bring up pain when comparing combing natural hair to HAVING YOUR HEAD D
show more

what joke?

ACCOUNT CLOSED
CLOSED

Posted January 08, 2011

Nachalle-6
Nachalle-6

Female, Age Private, New York, NY

Tell that to Chris Rock and the Black man on the HI section of BP who created the forum...."Are Black Women Ashamed Of Their Hair?"

Peace.

Nachalle

Chris Rock has said alot of crap about BW some of his stuff is true and others exaggerated, I'm not thinkin bout his big teeth azz, and you shouldn't either, my point is whatever style makes you happy is your choice, if people don't except you , except yourself for being you

ACCOUNT CLOSED
CLOSED

Posted January 08, 2011

I'm as concernd about my womans hair as much as she's concernd about mine, when we go out, even Michelle Obama needs an update on her hairstyle and yawl know it

saxman16
saxman16

Male, 29, Florissant, MO

Posted January 08, 2011

ACCOUNT CLOSED
CLOSED

what joke?

"We're not looking that high anyway."

That was a joke. Sarcasm. Verbal irony. Dry humor. It should have been apparent, as it was the last line, and had a tone completely different from the rest of my post.

Then again, this is the thread with people that can't grasp the comedy in Chris Rock's documentary.

ACCOUNT CLOSED
CLOSED

Posted January 08, 2011

saxman16
saxman16

Male, 29, Florissant, MO

"We're not looking that high anyway."

That was a joke. Sarcasm. Verbal irony. Dry humor. It should have been apparent, as it was the last line, and had a tone completely different from the rest of my post.

Then again, this is the thread with people that can't grasp the comedy in Chris Rock's documentary.

if anyone is in to comedy it's me, especiallly sacartistic comedy, but that wasn't that funny,

ACCOUNT CLOSED
CLOSED

Female, Age Private, Randallstown, MD

Posted January 08, 2011

As I stated earlier on Black Womens hair we each have a different grade of hair depending upon which misture of race we are as Black American women. I have 3 sisters and each grade of hair is different due to the fact that my mother's father, my grandfather is Indian and my father was of African decent. My older sister's hair real kinky. My next sister's hair kinda of wavy kinky, Me kinjy little wazy less kinky, my last sister has straight hair, my mothers hair straight wavy. we all could use hot curlers to take wave out , my mother and one sister no perms ever too strong, me mild or no perm does it all. my point you can not just break our hair down to any group and say what is best. It is best to look your best at what you as an individual is comfortablw with. Personally I do not wear wigs or any elses hair. My lesson came back in the 80's bad hair did not know if it was human or animal hair and I have had friends to buy hair that had bugs. That hair I bought tangled into my hair when I tried to wash it that made me look like a dog on the street with the matted hair.To say I like men with short hair or even better bald but it is their choice but less attractive to me. Some times you see some one on the street with long braids and from the back you can not tell if they are man or woman and they turn around , low and behold it is a man, what is up with that. Plus it is not clean to wear all those wigs and weaves and do not wash your hair often. I have had a habit of washing my hair mostly every day and it works for me I allow that time in my dress. By the way some of the people look right crazy one day one inch hair next day you can sit on it be for real. I believe that we look best with our own hair no matter how long or short rather than wear wigs and weaves. They do take away from your beauty and look fake. Each it own just being honest.
peace

ACCOUNT CLOSED
CLOSED

Female, Age Private, Randallstown, MD

Posted January 08, 2011

Excuse my spelling errors thinking faster than I type hope you still get the message.

ACCOUNT CLOSED
CLOSED

Posted January 08, 2011

ACCOUNT CLOSED
CLOSED

Chris Rock has said alot of crap about BW some of his stuff is true and others exaggerated, I'm not thinkin bout his big teeth azz, and you shouldn't either, my point is whatever style makes you happy is your choice, if people don't except you , except yourself for being you

accept accept

divalicious135
divalicious135

Female, 29, Scarborough, ON

Posted January 08, 2011

ACCOUNT CLOSED
CLOSED

I dated a female who wore her hair naturally and I wasn't thrown off,

Maybe it look good on her. Not everyonès natural hair looks good on them.

ACCOUNT CLOSED
CLOSED

Posted January 08, 2011

divalicious135
divalicious135

Female, 29, Scarborough, ON

Maybe it look good on her. Not everyonès natural hair looks good on them.

during the 70's most who wore there hair natural looked good wearing it, some of the wigs females wear look horrible, whether they are white or black, I'm concerned about my womans hair, it doesn't make her the person she is inside, but woman are sensitive about their hair at all cost SO i concern myself with it

Showing 21-30 of 3,821