Forums

Why Are Black Men So Concern About Black Women's Hair? (3,821)

Comments Options
Sort comments by:

saxman16
saxman16

Male, 29, Florissant, MO

Posted January 10, 2011

real-lady-40
real-lady-40

Female, 47, New Haven, CT

Peace,
IMO, i think a lot of black men love women when their hair looks good. I have dreadlocks and i had them for about 10yrs..i love the afrocentric look on black folks but what i notice is black men pull towards the black women with perms/weaves..i even had one brotha say to me that he likes me but not my hair..lol..he even went on to say if we got together will i cut my locks.(.i went off)..anyway i think we need to show our natrual roots and stop frying our hair.

He must have a hair fetish.

ccgarms, "Hairstyle of Power"? How do I get one of those? Does it give me Samson-like super strength?

ACCOUNT CLOSED
CLOSED

Male, Age Private, Washington, DC

Posted January 11, 2011

Nachalle-6
Nachalle-6

Female, Age Private, New York, NY

Natural-Laxer MIX (Natural Hair Relaxer

Soft & Beautiful Extend-A-Perm Non-Chemical Thermal Straightening Kit (Pack of 4)

What I meant is when the hair is in an afro depending on ones hair texture, it would either grow out or come out.

Peace.

Nachalle

yep, that's why its best to let it grow as much as possible, years perhaps, even if it takes lookin like Foxy Brown in the 70's, I yes I a man, had a perm lonnnnng ago, I let my hair grow a year, don't know why I got the perm, I was out west, when I washed it out, I looked like I just taken out giant rollers from my hair LOL

ACCOUNT CLOSED
CLOSED

Male, Age Private, Washington, DC

Posted January 11, 2011

saxman16
saxman16

Male, 29, Florissant, MO

Neither of those are actually perms. They don't straighten your hair. The Natural-Laxer relaxes it to a point, leaving it somewhat curly.

"Q. Will it make my hair straight?
A.The Natural-Laxer Mix will slightly loosen the natural wave pattern of the hair. And, it is a gradual process. So, you will see more loosening after the second and third applications. But, it will only go to a certain point. Generally, after the third use or so, the product has done what it will do and subsequent applications will maintain the result.

Q. Will it relax my hair?
A.The Natural-Laxer Mix does not work as a perm chemical relaxer. It will slightly loosen the natural wave pattern. And, it is a gradual process. So, you will see more loosening after the second and third applications. But, it will only go to a certain point. Generally, after the third use or so, the product has done what it will do and subsequent applications will maintain the result."
show more

if someone is always picking at their afro, then perms it, like scratching and picking it, the perm may make their hair come out in blotches

solarman
solarman

Male, Age Private, Brampton, ON

Posted January 11, 2011

what receives and transmits energy better?
straight or coiled surfaces...

now please grow up.

take a look at antennaethe differences between the shape of antennae and then take a look at your hair...

hopefully a few dots are connected.

real-lady-40
real-lady-40

Posted January 11, 2011

saxman16
saxman16

Male, 29, Florissant, MO

ccgarms, "Hairstyle of Power"? How do I get one of those? Does it give me Samson-like super strength?

"He must have a hair fetish".

I think you are correct but not for dreadlocks..lol..it's all good i was better off without him,
Peace

pistonblack
pistonblack

Male, Age Private, Irvington, NJ

Posted January 11, 2011

Black Men are so concerned with Black Women:s Hair because quite simply IT IS A PART OF YOU (the woman)! Its simple WE ARE INTO YOU! EVERY PART! The question should be why are black women ashamed of their OWN hair and prefer to cover it with someone else's.

solarman
solarman

Male, Age Private, Brampton, ON

Posted January 11, 2011

pistonblack
pistonblack

Black Men are so concerned with Black Women:s Hair because quite simply IT IS A PART OF YOU (the woman)! Its simple WE ARE INTO YOU! EVERY PART! The question should be why are black women ashamed of their OWN hair and prefer to cover it with someone else's.

kudos
theres actually a thread called that bro lol

i think that thread is what sparked this thread.

but very well said

not to mention that many of us black men are dads
and have daughters
and are concerned with their health and well being...shouldnt we be concerned with our health and well being if we are family?
hmmm
go figure

peace

Andre396
Andre396

Male, 43, Cleveland, OH

Posted January 11, 2011

pistonblack
pistonblack

good post fam

ccgarms
ccgarms

Male, 41, United Kingdom

Posted January 12, 2011

saxman16
saxman16

Male, 29, Florissant, MO

Hello young woman! "Hairstyle of Power" this you have already have. I am sure you are a woman of substance, by having a healthy head of dreads this possibly shows a form of dedication, and dedication expresses a person who is in control. Do you not think a hairstyle remonstrates a personality or mood? Peece!

real-lady-40
real-lady-40

Posted January 12, 2011

ccgarms
ccgarms

Male, 41, United Kingdom

Hello young woman! "Hairstyle of Power" this you have already have. I am sure you are a woman of substance, by having a healthy head of dreads this possibly shows a form of dedication, and dedication expresses a person who is in control. Do you not think a hairstyle remonstrates a personality or mood? Peece!

Well said brotha,
Peace

Showing 41-50 of 3,821

<< Previous

1 ...

3 4 5 6 7

... 383

Next >>