Forums

Is it true that many African American are not pure African? (22)

Comments Options
Sort comments by:

AT313
AT313

Male, 26, Inkster, MI

Posted July 02, 2010

I have come to the conclusion that African Americans are not have pure black African genes.

I have heard rumors that some African Americans have white European blood and some have Native American blood.

I heard that I had some relatives that was native american genrations back that were from the Choctaw tribe that lived in what is now the state of Alabama, all of my moms relatives have roots back in Alabama.

My theory is that light skinned African Americans have mixed ancestory.

One thing that makes me think I might not be pure African is some of my facial hair is blonde and Africans do not have blond hair, so I might have some unknown White European ancestors.

AT313
AT313

Male, 26, Inkster, MI

Posted July 02, 2010

AT313
AT313

Male, 26, Inkster, MI

I have come to the conclusion that African Americans are not have pure black African genes.

I have heard rumors that some African Americans have white European blood and some have Native American blood.

I heard that I had some relatives that was native american genrations back that were from the Choctaw tribe that lived in what is now the state of Alabama, all of my moms relatives have roots back in Alabama.

One thing that makes me think I might not be pure African is some of my facial hair is blonde and Africans do not have blond hair, so I might have some unknown White European ancestors.

Edit:

I have come to the conclusion that African Americans do not have pure black African genes.

My theory is that light skinned African Americans have mixed ancestory because the only part of Africa where where there are light skinned African is South Africa which was settled by Europeans who were white.

One thing that makes me think I might not be pure African is some of my facial hair is blonde and Africans do not have blond hair, so I might have some unknown White European ancestors. All of my head hair is black. I am light skinned but not very light skinned. In my opinion I dont look like im pure African. Even my mom said that us African Americans dont look exactly like Africans. I have some relatives on my mom side and my dad side who are very light skinned.

In my opinion most African Americans are not have pure African geneology.

I read that the rapper Ludacris has native american indian blood, and Ludacris is light skinned.

ACCOUNT CLOSED
CLOSED

Male, 33, Chicago, IL

Posted December 12, 2010

Very interesting that you asked the question, moreover, it is a fact that all humans originated in what is known today as Africa. Lucy a hominid, found in the Hadar region of Ethiopia has been dated 3.6 million years old and resembles early homo sapiens.

While many African Americans have ancestors that were directly from Africa; consequently 300 years of chattel slavery changed their phonotypical appearance.
In general African Americans along with indigenous African people must realize that cooperating with each other is critical in overcoming a socially constructed concept of race.

rjones2nd
rjones2nd

Male, 39, Tampa, FL

Posted December 26, 2010

AT313
AT313

Male, 26, Inkster, MI

It is really not that much difference between a Native American and a African. On the surface they may appear different ;however when you look at them under the microscope they are almost the same species. Most of them have type o blood heavy bone mass and the same disposition to the same diseases. It is like comparing a wolf and a coyote.
When it comes to racial purity the only group that term truly applies to is the white race. They are pure because they have pure (100% receive genes). It is like when you speak of a pure breed dog. The dog is pure because they have isolated a gene that would not accrue very often in nature. The white does not accrue frequently in nature. For example those white lab mice do not accrue in nature because they are receive . Many of the animal species that we call white have brown eyes, beaks, etc.
When it comes to genecology and race there is only white(pure recessive) and non white(naturally occurring gene patterns) .

rjones2nd
rjones2nd

Male, 39, Tampa, FL

Posted December 26, 2010

ACCOUNT CLOSED
CLOSED

Male, 33, Chicago, IL

Very interesting that you asked the question, moreover, it is a fact that all humans originated in what is known today as Africa. Lucy a hominid, found in the Hadar region of Ethiopia has been dated 3.6 million years old and resembles early homo sapiens.

While many African Americans have ancestors that were directly from Africa; consequently 300 years of chattel slavery changed their phonotypical appearance.
In general African Americans along with indigenous African people must realize that cooperating with each other is critical in overcoming a socially constructed concept of race.

Anthropologist also now teach that the trait of blue eyes is about 6000 - 10000 years old. The biblical Adam is about 6000 years old. The race game is not only about our identity it is also about hiding their identity. Eloheim ( God of genies) El is the a deity from the Canaanites ( blacks, the original Palestine⿿s). The biblical story of Adam (Atom) is a allegorical teaching of the isolation of receive genes. That is why it is in genesis (the genology of Isis )

ACCOUNT CLOSED
CLOSED

Male, 33, Chicago, IL

Posted December 27, 2010

rjones2nd
rjones2nd

Male, 39, Tampa, FL

Anthropologist also now teach that the trait of blue eyes is about 6000 - 10000 years old. The biblical Adam is about 6000 years old. The race game is not only about our identity it is also about hiding their identity. Eloheim ( God of genies) El is the a deity from the Canaanites ( blacks, the original Palestine⿿s). The biblical story of Adam (Atom) is a allegorical teaching of the isolation of receive genes. That is why it is in genesis (the genology of Isis )

Thank you for the update.Please keep me posted on the latest information.

ACCOUNT CLOSED
CLOSED

Female, Age Private, Randallstown, MD

Posted January 11, 2011

Some answers are right, because I am one that is known not to be pur African because my mothers is Indian and my fathers father African. In my eyes and cheek bones you see my mothers side, my skin color between the two cinnbrown. My eyes are a lighter brown than most women of my skin color, my hair is a mixture. So what am I a mutt. But what is good is that we have a reunion of both sides and I know my Indian family from a tobacco plantation in Tenn and my fathers people from a plantation in South Carolina. That is why it is important to find out where your roots are. I love all my Black Americans no matter what race they are mixed with, we all have the same plight here.

ACCOUNT CLOSED
CLOSED

Male, 33, Chicago, IL

Posted January 13, 2011

ACCOUNT CLOSED
CLOSED

Female, Age Private, Randallstown, MD

Some answers are right, because I am one that is known not to be pur African because my mothers is Indian and my fathers father African. In my eyes and cheek bones you see my mothers side, my skin color between the two cinnbrown. My eyes are a lighter brown than most women of my skin color, my hair is a mixture. So what am I a mutt. But what is good is that we have a reunion of both sides and I know my Indian family from a tobacco plantation in Tenn and my fathers people from a plantation in South Carolina. That is why it is important to find out where your roots are. I love all my Black Americans no matter what race they are mixed with, we all have the same plight here.

How correct you are and eloquently put, and I also commend you and your family for keeping a close bond.

ACCOUNT CLOSED
CLOSED

Female, 26, Abingdon, MD

Posted May 03, 2011

Of course no African American is pure black. No Carribean blacks are pure black. No European blacks are pure black unless they originally from Africa, which many are. No Spanish blacks are pure black. No black person on the face of this earth outside of Africa is pure black. The only pure blacks are mainly in Africa. We here in America are not pure black because of the slave trade as well as the other blacks on the face of this earth. The slave owners would rape the black female slaves. So as a result, you have the mixing of the African American race. We know that we descend from Africa, but we are not pure black. Also according to the ancestry.com test that was done on tvone, where they traced all the entertainers like Chris Rock, Tom Joyner, etc, a lot of them found out who they truly were. They revealed on that special that most Black Americans think that they have native American blood in them, but many do not know until they trace back and find out for sure. I don't see anything wrong with tracing your ancestry. I find it intriguing.

Andre396
Andre396

Male, 43, Cleveland, OH

Posted May 03, 2011

none of us are pure shyt we aren't even africans' that's a euro-name

Showing 1-10 of 22

1 2 3
Next >>