Forums

Are black people really more prejudice then white people??? (23)

Comments Options
Sort comments by:

ACCOUNT CLOSED
CLOSED

Female, Age Private, Chicago, IL

Posted May 22, 2011

Shakka's forum about the freedom riders makes you think...

My father is 67 years old and grew up in Arkansas...He was subjected to some hurtful shlt growing up in the times.

He can't stand white people...He always talks about a white person has no business in your house unless they are the police, paramedics, or the insurance man, LOL.

People would definately see him as prejudice if they haven't suffered what he suffered through and understand it. Being treatd like less then a man, just for the color of his skin.

But anyway...

Are we the same as whites? Are we bigots or realist? Is having a reason to hate, because how we were treated, the same as hating for the color of skin? Do generations behind us, have more reason to hate? Should we hold the same contempt for the white man?

ACCOUNT CLOSED
CLOSED

Male, Age Private, Turkey

Posted May 22, 2011

I call it OBSERVANT. Not prejudice...

KingAceSuited
KingAceSuited

Male, 29, Lakewood, CA

Posted May 22, 2011

And here I couldn't say anything without going to check out Shakka's forum on the Freedom Riders first....

Anyway, are black people more prejudiced than white people? No, Mother 'Merica (American Culture) has conditioned prejudices against blacks into blacks, whites and all Mother 'Merica's children (citizens/residents/influenced )...

As an individual aware of this conditioning, I am... in discord... with anyone unaware of this conditioning and anyone aware who... is apathetic... to its existence...

As an individual whom this conditioning is designed to disadvantage... I am... unappreciative - to say the least - of its existence...

I believe anger, aggitation, backlash, and cynicism are all proper responses given the circumstances, though I'm a romantic, and as a romantic, I've got different ideas of hate....

Hate is consuming and irrational. I'm not consumed by the idea that an entire country has been designed to disadvantage and disenfranchise me any more than the ignorant man I'm in discord with is...

There was a thread (I can't remember which one) that characterized all people regarding race/racism as angry, but

It's very hard to make me mad. I mean, a lot of people I know haven't seen me mad. Never seen me swear. Think I'm forever calm....

But I'll tell you this:

I'm not blind. I'm not dumb, and I'm not deaf. So I can see racism, recognize it, and speak on it...

All without being prejudiced... And when I say 90%+ of the people in America's first reaction to a black man is "BLACK MAN!", it's no lie...

I can appreciate that a lot of those people hold that initial response under control, but there's a great number of people who don't, and a significant class of people who do but take advantage of it....

So while I may keep my response tempered, note that this "knee jerk reaction of hate" people preach against....

is similar to that response Ignorant recently quoted, the "Angry Black Man" charge...

Unless the person is acting irrational, actually "Hating"....

But how many people here (other than the African Spammer or Armsdealer on a bad day) give off the impression of a hater?

captcha: act stormai

ACCOUNT CLOSED
CLOSED

Posted May 22, 2011

I know when my parent's tell me stories about what they went through in the south...I understand...I couldn't put myself in their place, but I could understand.

When I started college I had two jobs...one was at subway. A homeless white guy came in and was acting a fool. Me and my boss told him he had to leave...she went to the back office to get her husbnd, but while she was back there...he called me a dirty nigge r...I snapped...I hoped over the counter and pushed him out the door. He had to be six feet tall and had some weight...

Both my bosses came back to the front and were trying to calm me down...I was literally crying with anger. They took me to the back and I was crying talking about how disrespected I felt by this cracker (They were asian)...They told me not to be upset, because even though there are some fcuked up white people in the world, he was not worth the hate or the hurt...I shouldn't let someone with nothing hurt me when I'm worth so much more. They told me not to hold on to the hate.

I appreciated that.

It also made me think...

ACCOUNT CLOSED
CLOSED

Posted May 22, 2011

ACCOUNT CLOSED
CLOSED

I know when my parent's tell me stories about what they went through in the south...I understand...I couldn't put myself in their place, but I could understand.

When I started college I had two jobs...one was at subway. A homeless white guy came in and was acting a fool. Me and my boss told him he had to leave...she went to the back office to get her husbnd, but while she was back there...he called me a dirty nigge r...I snapped...I hoped over the counter and pushed him out the door. He had to be six feet tall and had some weight...

Both my bosses came back to the front and were trying to calm me down...I was literally crying with anger. They took me to the back and I was crying talking about how disrespected I felt by this cracker (They were asian)...They told me not to be upset, because even though there are some fcuked up white people in the world, he was not worth the hate or the hurt...I shouldn't let someone with nothing hurt me when I'm worth so much more.
show more

Hmm there's no hatred on my part...growing up around white people...i simply exstinguish their flame as quickly as possible. It could be because starting in middle school I got leadway...i broke ole boys nose on camera and HE got suspended since he was a jerk and always in the office.

But no...either I don't allow the word to come out..or I have some things I can say that you won't understand until you roll over in bed that night. I get em! LoL

ACCOUNT CLOSED
CLOSED

Female, 36, Egypt

Posted May 22, 2011

Blacks aren't as prejudiced...but probably most reserved...

KingAceSuited
KingAceSuited

Male, 29, Lakewood, CA

Posted May 23, 2011

ACCOUNT CLOSED
CLOSED

Hmm there's no hatred on my part...growing up around white people...i simply exstinguish their flame as quickly as possible. It could be because starting in middle school I got leadway...i broke ole boys nose on camera and HE got suspended since he was a jerk and always in the office.

But no...either I don't allow the word to come out..or I have some things I can say that you won't understand until you roll over in bed that night. I get em! LoL

"But no...either I don't allow the word to come out..or I have some things I can say that you won't understand until you roll over in bed that night. I get em! LoL"

That's the new era response too, like when Shakka told that woman at the gas station it's Guerilla, nor GOREilla...

They start gettin' confused 'cuz they don't have the brainpower to step up....

Or maybe some of 'em just go into shock, iono,

but when stuff goes over their head and they can't find a response, it's decent...

Shakka
Shakka

Male, Age Private, Atlanta, GA

Posted May 23, 2011

KingAceSuited
KingAceSuited

Male, 29, Lakewood, CA

And here I couldn't say anything without going to check out Shakka's forum on the Freedom Riders first....

Anyway, are black people more prejudiced than white people? No, Mother 'Merica (American Culture) has conditioned prejudices against blacks into blacks, whites and all Mother 'Merica's children (citizens/residents/influenced )...

As an individual aware of this conditioning, I am... in discord... with anyone unaware of this conditioning and anyone aware who... is apathetic... to its existence...

As an individual whom this conditioning is designed to disadvantage... I am... unappreciative - to say the least - of its existence...

I believe anger, aggitation, backlash, and cynicism are all proper responses given the circumstances, though I'm a romantic, and as a romantic, I've got different ideas of hate....

Hate is consuming and irrational. I'm no
show more

Brilliance!!!

Shakka
Shakka

Male, Age Private, Atlanta, GA

Posted May 23, 2011

being from the south...

i have seen a lot and been through a lot. my pops is from Birmingham Ala...so he was right in the midst of all the civil rights sit ins, marches and boycotting during the early 60's...had a second cousin killed in the 16th street church bombing...

so pops was righteous in his contempt for them. when i was growing up, playing sports, schooling, whatever i did...my pops instructions were firm...

"never let a white boy beat you in ANYTHING!"

i remember during football practices, pops livid at me if white boys got in on the tackle before i did...

moms on the other hand...just too passive for my likes...too scary and clutching to the bible...if there was ever an altercation with white folks, moms just wanted to move along, just ignore it...while me and pops was ready to kick azz and take names...lol...

Black folks got every right to be prejudice and angry...

only problem is...instead of using that as a catalyst to move us forward, we turning on each other like rats...and a lot of these negros still spinning their wheels trying to be accepted by white folks...

blaqeye03
blaqeye03

Male, 39, Marysville, WA

Posted May 23, 2011

Are we talking prejudiced or racist? i think everuybody is equally prejudiced against something-but are we as racist, i would say NO! Given our history, I'd say we stuffed alot of shyt-had we took revenge for all of the shyt they did to us back in the day, I'd say we were neck and neck, but NO!

Showing 1-10 of 23

1 2 3
Next >>