Forums

question for those that lift weights (8)

Comments Options
Sort comments by:

Golden_armz-1
Golden_armz-1

Male, 27, New Orleans, LA

Posted September 12, 2011

is creatine a placebo or is it really effective

ACCOUNT CLOSED
CLOSED

Female, 27, New York, NY

Posted September 15, 2011

You may try to change your life now even the life before is well. But many people want to have another found, a kind of d-atin-g fe-eli-ng
~~ ?l?ckwhit?Hub. ?òM ~~ is a great pl-ace for sing-les to get to know each other, and talk about religion, work, sports, life, relat-ionsh\ip, or more. I can assure you that your will be ha-ppy he-re

LifeSkills1
LifeSkills1

Male, 64, Seattle, WA

Posted March 23, 2012

I know it's almost addictive; if it was, no one would have a problem with their routine. I wonder about those that spend so much time with weights and don't really have a gainful plan for all those muscles, like make money out of it. Weight lifting is not a talent so the lifters talents remains an unexplored mystery.

LifeSkills1
LifeSkills1

Male, 64, Seattle, WA

Posted March 23, 2012

Golden_armz-1
Golden_armz-1

Male, 27, New Orleans, LA

is creatine a placebo or is it really effective

Form what I could find I think it's real, but it's like they say most benefits show up during, "Aerobic Exercise's."
"While creatine's influence on physical performance has been well ed since the early twentieth century, it came into public view following the 1992 Olympics in Barcelona. An August 7, 1992 article in The Times reported that Linford Christie, the gold medal winner at 100 meters, had used creatine before the Olympics. An article in Bodybuilding Monthly named Sally Gunnell, who was the gold medalist in the 400-meter hurdles, as another creatine user. In addition,, The Times also noted that 100 meter hurdler Colin Jackson began taking creatine before the Olympics."

Creatine and athletic performance
"There is scientific evidence that short term creatine use can increase maximum power and performance in high-intensity anaerobic repetitive work (periods of work and rest) by 5 to 15%. citation needed This is mainly bouts of running/cycling sprints and multiple sets of low RM weightlifting. Single effort work shows an increase of 1 to 5%.
This refers mainly to single sprints and single lifting of 1-2RM weights. However, some studies show no ergogenic effect at all. Kreider R-2 C-R asmussen-C. 2C-Ransom-J.2C-Almada_AL.-1998 _7-0 Studies in endurance athletes have been less than promising, most likely because these activities are sustained at a given intensity and thus do not allow for significant intra-exercise synthesis of additional creatine phosphate molecules."

ACCOUNT CLOSED
CLOSED

Female, Age Private, Ellicott City, MD

Posted April 12, 2012

I do oike to life weights but not to get those unsightloy muscles that some women have. I never want flabby arsm, weak legs and thigs nor a ig stomach so when I joined a gym because of my sendentery lifestyle and weight training was offered, I took it. I can see the difference on me and that it is working for ne.Muscles are getting tight but not bulging. Weightlifting is working for this woman.

Jim_BxNY
Jim_BxNY

Male, 50, Bronx, NY

Posted April 15, 2012

Yeah it work. It gives you a more pumped up, muscular look by making the muscle retain more water, thus giving them a larger, fuller effect. This is largely cosmetic, however, and doesn't make you stronger or increase genuine muscle formation. Best analogy is things like lip-stick or mascara -- it makes what you got look larger and better but doesn't actually give you more of it.

gordo214
gordo214

Male, 35, Harlingen, TX

Posted December 27, 2012

what can i say...123

MaxPowers77
MaxPowers77

Male, 36, Laurel, MD

Posted April 07, 2013

servicearea51.com -

For the betterment of Mankind.