Forums

Yachid?? or Echad?? (198)

Comments Options
Sort comments by:

Sonero_Boricua
Sonero_Boricua

Male, Age Private, Milwaukee, WI

Posted January 04, 2010

This thread is for those here whom have misinterpreted the definition of the Hebrew word "Echad" over "Yachid" in attempting to show that YHWH is only one in the singular sense, please enjoy this excerpt and I will post links to which each of you can research what has been posted here and see for yourselves that there are those here who indeed are attempting to deceive you all here.

SHALOM

Sonero_Boricua
Sonero_Boricua

Posted January 04, 2010

Perhaps the most familiar Scripture quotation to Jewish folk is "Shema Yisrael Adonai Eloheinu Adonai Echad". Hear O Israel the LORD our God is one LORD," Deuteronomy 6:4. But do we accurately understand this passage? We should for it is the cornerstone of our faith. But what could possibly cause us trouble of interpretation? It is so simple to read. Why should it be a cause of misunderstanding?

All because of the word for "one" in Hebrew. We have come to understand that our God, Elohim, is a single God. He is the only one. And the Tanach speaks of Elohim in such a way that we are to believe that He is the only God. He is the True and Living God, but is He a singularity? We base our concept of God on "Shema Yisrael Adonai Eloheinu Adonai Echad". But what does "echad" mean? First, let us look at the word "yachid", for this is the word that we use when we speak of the oneness of God. "Yachid" means "only", "solitary", "unique", and "singular". Would you not expect God to reveal Himself to us in His word as we have come to think of Him, as "yachid"? Would He not identify Himself as the single, solitary, unique, and only God of Israel and the world? Yet He DOES NOT reveal Himself to us and the world as such. He says,"Shema Yisrael Adonai Eloheinu Adonai ECHAD." So what is the definition of "ECHAD"? It is "one", "someone", a "unit". It speaks of being "one", but not in the sense of being solitary. It is "one" in the sense of a "unit". As an example, consider the hand. It is made up of four fingers and thumb, yet it is a unit called a hand. To better illustrate this point,let us look at Genesis 41. There Pharaoh speaks to Joseph of two individual dreams, and asks Joseph to interpret them. The Scriptures state, "And Joseph said unto Pharaoh, The dream of Pharaoh [is] ECHAD, is one...." Genesis 41:25. "Yachid" is not used even though the dream was "one", because the one dream was composed of two parts. Still the two dreams were "echad" - one. You will say,"Are you trying to tell me that God is something more than a singular God?" The answer is, "How does our God reveal Himself in Tanach?" Let us believe what he shows himself to be. Look at Genesis 1:1. There it reads, "Bray%#&@$! bara ELOHIM et hashamayim veh et haaretz.". Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the Heaven and the Earth, Notice the word of God, Elohim. It in itself is not a singular noun but a plural noun.

In Hebrew, a person can speak in the singular, dual, and plural. "El" is the word for a singular god. "Eloha" is the word for a dual or two gods. "Elohim" is the word for the plural or three or more gods. God reveals to us in His word, Tanach, that He is "One", a "unity", and at the same time "plural", consisting of at least three personalities, because He uses the plural word "Elohim", and not "El" or "Eloha" to define Himself. Do we have additional Scriptural proof of this? Yes! Look at Genesis 1:26. "And Elohim [Gods] said, Let Us make man in OUR image, after OUR likeness...". Notice the use of the plural personal pronouns. Does God make mistakes? NO! Have we, in understanding the One God of Israel, mistaken His true identity? Again He uses a plural pronoun at Genesis 11:7. But first notice at Genesis 11:6 that God uses "echad" to speak of numerous people, the same word used for ONE Lord in our Shema. Tanach reads,"And the LORD said, Behold the people (is) one-echad, not ⿿yachid⿝... "Now for Genesis 11:7. "Go to, let US go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech." So our God, the God of Israel, is a UNITY.

But how many personalities make up our unified God? Three, Four, or more? Only three. Proof. In Genesis 1:1, we are told about God Himself. At Genesis 1:2, we see the second person of the unified Godhead. "And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters." So there are two of the personalities - God Himself, and God the Holy Spirit. Is there additional proof of these two persons of the Godhead? Yes. Look at Isaiah 48:16. "Come ye near unto Me, hear ye this, I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; from the time that it was, there [am] I; and now the Lord GOD and His Spirit, hath sent Me."

This verse shows the two personalities of the Godhead, and also reveals the third. The third is recognized to be of the Godhead also because the verse speaks of his being from "the beginning". In other words, He has always been. But who is the third member of the unified (echad) Godhead? Is he revealed in Tenach? Yes! The book of Solomon's wisdom, Proverbs, states Who He is at Proverbs 30:4. "Who hath ascended up into heaven, or descended? who hath gathered the wind in his fists? who hath bound the waters in a garment? who hath established all the ends of the earth? what is his name?". And that Name would have to be the LORD GOD. Notice the ending of the verse- "....and what (is) His SON'S Name, if thou canst tell?" His SON'S Name - God's Son.

Sonero_Boricua
Sonero_Boricua

Posted January 04, 2010

CON'T:

Then God has a Son! He is the third and last revealed person of the unified Godhead, a Godhead that does all things with a common purpose and goal. What is the Son's purpose? The Son came to earth to redeem fallen man, and each of us needs to be redeemed from our sins. "The Lord looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, [and] seek God. They are all gone aside, they are [all] together become filthy; [there is] none that doeth good, no not one." Psalm 14:2,3. "The heart [is] deceitful above all [things] and desperately wicked: who can know it?" Jeremiah 17:9. "Behold, all souls are Mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is Mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die." Ezekiel 18:4. "The wicked shall be turned into hell, [and] all the nations that forget God." Psalm 9:17. How did He go about to redeem sinful man? "Blessed [is he whose] transgression [is] forgiven, [whose] sin [is] covered." Psalm 32:1. He covered the sins of those who called upon His Name. What did He cover them with? "For the life of the flesh [is] in the blood; and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls; for it [is] the blood [that] maketh an atonement for the soul." Leviticus 17:11. His own blood covered the sins.

How did He give His blood? "He is despised and rejected of men; a Man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were [our] faces from him? He was despised, and we esteemed Him not. Surely He hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem Him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. But He [was] wounded for our transgressions, [He was] bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace [was] upon Him; and with His stripes we are healed. All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on Him the iniquity of us all." Isaiah 53:3-6. "For dogs have compassed Me; the assembly of the wicked have enclosed Me: they pierced My hands and My feet." Psalm 22:16. He poured out his blood in torment as He was slain upon the tree on Golgotha, as our substitute. Who is God's Son; what is His Name? "Therefore the Lord Himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a Son, and shall call His Name Immanuel." Isaiah 7:14. God's Son is the Man Who was also "God with us" in flesh, for so is the interpretation of Immanuel. He was the one who died on the tree on Golgotha and was buried, but rose again on the third day. "For Thou wilt not leave My soul in hell; neither wilt Thou suffer Thine Holy One to see corruption." Psalm 16:9. His Name is known from history, but it is also used in Tenach in may forms. His Name is given in Psalm 62 as "My Salvation", "Yeshuati", in Psalm 69:29 as "Thy Salvation", "Yeshuatkha", and in Psalm 149:4 as "with Salvation", "Beshua". His Name in Hebrew is Yeshua. He is Yeshua Ha-Mashiach. In English, He is Jesus The Messiah. If you will, do as Elohim asks. "Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD..." Isaiah 1:18; come to Him and reason with Him about your sins.

Acknowledge them; repent of them; and call on Yeshua Ha-Mashiach's Name, asking Him to blot out your sins with His blood. "And it shall come to pass [that] whosoever shall call on the Name of the Lord shall be delivered (saved)." Joel 2:32. In doing so you will know the One, True God. You will truly understand the meaning of Shma Yisrael Adonai Eloheinu Adonai Echad.

SHALOM

ACCOUNT CLOSED
CLOSED

Male, Age Private, Desoto, TX

Posted January 04, 2010

Without even being complicated with a lot of smoke and mirrors... here is the definition...

`echad
1)one (number)
1a)one (number)
1b)each, every
1c)a certain
1d)an (indefinite article)
1e)only, once, once for all
1f)one...another, the one...the other, one after another, one by one
1g)first
1h)eleven (in combination), eleventh (ordinal)

`elohiym
1)(plural)
1a)rulers, judges
1b)divine ones
1c)angels
1d)gods
2)(plural intensive - singular meaning)
2a)god, goddess
2b)godlike one
2c)works or special possessions of God
2d)the (true) God
2e)God

{NOTE: what does it say at defintion 2 of `elohiym???
plural intensive - singular meaning...

Now ask yourself this question... What Yahudiym (Jewish person) do you think would accept the idelogy of a pluralistic Elohey/G-d??? remembering that that particular script;

{Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:}

is found in the TNK where there is no mention of a pluralistic deity... because the Yahudiy are MONOTHEISTIC they would never accept such a thing... PERIOD...

Also note that in the argument of this thread, that the word adonay is used... this shows that this is a rendition done AFTER Hillel the elder, sometime around 10 CE (common era), who is mostly associated with the Talmud and mishnah and when "adonay" and "hashem" had begun to be used instead of yhwh...

shama' yisra`el, yhwh elohiym yhwh `echad.

Either way... once you know what an "emphatic plural" or "plural of majesty" is, you will much better understand why elohiym is not plural or speaking of a "three in one" deity...

Or you could just ask a Jewish person... but don't hold me responsible for what happens to you... LOL...

Justice

Sonero_Boricua
Sonero_Boricua

Posted January 04, 2010

LOL What's really funny about your post is this:

"Or you could just ask a Jewish person... but don't hold me responsible for what happens to you... LOL..."

You see while there are Jews that do not believe what I posted there are many that actually do, as all of what I posted has 100% Jewish influence. But that's what happens when you come into someone's post obfuscating. ROFLOL

Sonero_Boricua
Sonero_Boricua

Posted January 04, 2010

`echad
1)one (number)
1a)one (number)
1b)each, every
1c)a certain
1g)first

Note what it says on 1b and and 1f as well, but perhaps you cannot comprehend this as it is above your head and knowledge capacity.

`elohiym
1)(plural)
1a)rulers, judges
1b)divine ones
1c)angels
1d)gods
2a)god, goddess
2b)godlike one
2d)the (true) God
2e)God

Note what it says for 1)(plural), and 2c)works or special possessions of God

Also your plural of majesty analogy has been refuted by many of the world renowned scholars and is only accepted by skeptical scholars of today. All your doing is picking sides to prove your point when indeed you have none.

Sonero_Boricua
Sonero_Boricua

Posted January 04, 2010

As I said earlier, I will post links to which each of you can research what has been posted here and see for yourselves that there are those here who indeed are attempting to deceive you all here.

SHALOM

ACCOUNT CLOSED
CLOSED

Posted January 04, 2010

Yeah, just because someone doesn't agree with BS they must be out to "deceive" you all... son the arrogance coming from you leaves a rank oder in the air...

I'm sure, as I posted the definition of elohiym that everyone can see ther is no effort to "deceive" anyone... it's all about information and letting people decide for themselves...

Justice

youngdemar1
youngdemar1

Male, 40, Taylor, MI

Posted January 05, 2010

ACCOUNT CLOSED
CLOSED

Without even being complicated with a lot of smoke and mirrors... here is the definition...

`echad
1)one (number)
1a)one (number)
1b)each, every
1c)a certain
1g)first

`elohiym
1)(plural)
1a)rulers, judges
1b)divine ones
1c)angels
1d)gods
2a)god, goddess
2b)godlike one
2d)the (true) God
2e)God

Now ask yourself this question... What Yahudiym (Jewish person) do you think would accept the idelogy of a pluralistic Elohey/G-d??? remembering that that particular script;

is
show more

As I said before, there was no "plural of majesty" during the times of the patriarches. Thats a modern invention. No where in the Bible do kings speak and say We command. But I command.

Why would Yahweh if hes one solitary being refer to himself in the plural? If hes God alone,and says theres no gods beside him, who would the we in the so call "plural of majesty" apply to.

When Queen Elizabeth( who was a trinitarian) said this she was applying it to her and the other women who stood with her. notice it was her and other women.

If you do have proof of this being used in Moses time Post it. Wait a minute. This was before there were any people. Moses wrote the first 5 books. The Pentateuch. And applied Elohim to God Almighty. Interesting.

Cut the masquerade and Bow Down to Christ As Lord.
Its either now or later according to Philippians 2:11. lol

youngdemar1
youngdemar1

Male, 40, Taylor, MI

Posted January 05, 2010

ACCOUNT CLOSED
CLOSED

`echad
1)one (number)
1a)one (number)
1b)each, every
1c)a certain
1g)first

`elohiym
1)(plural)
1a)rulers, judges
1b)divine ones
1c)angels
1d)gods
2a)god, goddess
2b)godlike one
2d)the (true) God
2e)God

is
show more

Ask a Jewish a person? They dont even believe Christ is the Messiah! lol

come again.

Showing 1-10 of 198

1 2 3 4 5

... 20

Next >>