WELCOME EVERYONE TO "Poetic Philosophy"
To ensure everyone has a pleasurable time within the confines of our group, I feel as though a few ground rules are appropriate and they are listed below. ALL POSTS NOT MEETING THE POSTED RULES WILL BE IMMEDIATELY DELETED WITH NO QUESTIONS ASKED.
1. ALL POSTS SHOULD BE POETRY, SHORT STORIES, BLOG OR JOURNAL ENTRIES, OR ARTICLES. OTHER ACCEPTED POSTS SHOULD BE RELATED TO WRITING, PUBLISHING, AND OTHER INFORMATION RELATED TO THE AFOREMENTIONED EXAMPLES. Thread exceptions are games, birthdays, and welcome threads. If in doubt, send a note to SilhouetteLover and inquire.
2. NO nude photos or images in the picture gallery. Tasteful pictures are acceptable but no private areas should be visible.
3. NO blatant disrespectful behavior towards our fellow members. All feedback should be constructive and helpful. This is applicable for posts within the forum, notes send to group members, comments sent in IMs, or posts on members pages as comments on pages, comments on photos, and guestbooks.
4. NO personal ads threads to meet people or websites unrelated to writing. However, ads promoting your own book, cd, event, open mic, or website regarding writing is acceptable PROVIDED YOU ASK AND RECEIVE APPROVAL FROM THE GROUP OWNER. If you do not get permission from the group owner, your post will be deleted and you will be subject to immediate being banned.
5. NO profanity or use of words considered offensive in the TITLE of created threads or in the posts. All POSTS NOT MEETING THIS CRITERIA WILL BE IMMEDIATELY DELETED WITH NO QUESTIONS ASKED. Be creative in your word choices within the threads as well. Use of abusive language, especially extreme use, will be grounds for your post to be deleted and is up to the discretion of the owner and the moderators.
This will be a living rule and may become expanded depending on the needs of the group. As a reminder, this is not a Gangsta Rap, Pornographic, Filth Forum, or Erotica forum so be wise with word choice, usage, and your posting. You can be gangsta, softcore, and erotic without being explicit. You are talented and gifted writers so I know this will not be a stumbling block for any of you because a poet can write without being lewd, vulgar, and/or explicit.
If you have any questions or concerns, please send a note to 1genuine_lady
6. NO pornographic descriptions or writings will be allowed in the threads and is up to the discretion of the owner and the moderators. Erotic poetry is fine but do not cross the line.
7. NO soliciting for other groups.
8. CREATE YOUR OWN POEM THREAD TO DROP YOUR POEMS IN. It seems there is always a little confusion when something different is being implemented. In order to try to provide more clarity to Rule #8, please read the following as it should clear up the confusion some may have.
First, let's define what a thread is. A thread is any topic posted in the forum where any member can reply or post something to it. Each post to the topic creates a thread.
Here are the step-by-step instructions to create your thread.
To create your own thread, do the following.
1. Click the Post a Topic button.
2. Choose a name for your thread.
3. Enter a brief bio about yourself as a poet.
4. Click the Submit button.
This will be the start of your thread.
Whenever you want to add a post to this thread, do the following.
1. Click on the thread. When it opens...
2. Click on the Reply button.
3. Enter your poem to be added to the thread.
4. Click the Submit button.
Your new poem will be added to your thread.
9. Each member must limit individual poem posting under these guidelines to a minimum of 3 per day, if you post more than 3 individual poem threads within a single day, each thread after the third will be deleted with no questions asked. This will ensure that the laxed rule will not be abused. Please note this is being strictly enforced. No exceptions.
If you are starting a REVIEW/RESPONSE thread (Definition or Review: You write a poem or any other writing that you want someone to review or to offer some feedback on your post. Definition or Response: You want someone to write a poem or some other writing to respond to what you posted.), you should title the thread in one of the following ways or a similar way:
Title of Work - (Response Requested) will let readers know that you'd like poetic or written responses.
Title of Work - (Review Requested) will let readers know that you are interested in receiving feedback.
Title of Work - (Review & Response) will let readers know you'd like poetic or written responses and that you are interested in receiving feedback.
The rules are not intended to keep you from having fun or restrain you in any way. However, their purpose is to ensure order, respect, and maintain focus on the reason the group was created. If you have a problem with any of the rules or have suggestions regarding the rules, please feel free to provide _lyrical_passion_ or silhouettelover with your feedback. This is group belongs to all of us and we are interested in your feedback. Failure to adhere to these rules will result in being banned from the group at the discretion of the OWNER and MODERATORS. We will attempt to observe a three-strike rule.
By the way, any poem or writing you post in the group, I would suggest you keep a copy for yourself on your home PC. If something happens to a thread or a post, I do not want you to lose your only copy of the posted work.
The list of rules is a living document, which means they may be modified at any time or changed at the discretion of the owner.
© 2007 Speak-Easy Publishing LLC