CANDIDATES CAN BE BASED OUT OF ANYWHERE IN THE US, AS LONG AS THEY ARE OPEN TO 60-75% TRAVEL
This is a consulting position requiring project oriented experience and a technical background in security and networking fundamentals. This position provides the opportunity to participate in multiple areas of the consulting role such as pre-sales, requirements collection, scope design and execution of implementation services as well as creation of project specific documents. Travel out of the local area will vary and is expected.Responsibilities
- Provide on-site implementation and consulting services for the security products / services that FNS represents, including, but not limited to Check Point, Juniper, Secure Computing, F5, McAfee, Blue Coat, etc
- Provide leadership by aiding in product research, following up on open issues and acting as an escalation of contact.
- Assist Team Leader with day to day issues as they relate to Engineering engagements.
- Communicate critical client issues to management and/or escalation engineering staff.
- Provide weekly reports of Engineering activity as defined by management.
- Assist other Engineering or Support Center staff with lab systems configurations to replicate client issues.
- Assist in the creation of client systems profiles and Statements of Work (SoW) using Microsoft desktop applications. (Visio, Word, Excel, Access, etc )
- May be required to be on-call after hours and weekends on a rotating basis.
- Will act as front-line point of escalation on assigned client engagements.
- Maintain technical knowledge and troubleshooting skills on the FNS supported products and services.
- Will be dispatched to customer sites to assist and/or facilitate repair or installation of supported products.
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Candidates must be proficient with FNS supported products, have extensive desktop/networking experience, application software experience and be proficient with Microsoft and UNIX/Linux based operating systems.
- Candidates must also be willing to work with minimal supervision to accomplish the assigned tasks.
- Working knowledge of Internetworking, knowledge of I/P routing and configurations, experience with networking, network design, along with previous security systems experience is required for success.
- Extensive knowledge of security products such as Authentication, Firewalls, Intrusion Detection and Prevention Systems, and a variety of other related security technologies.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills