Charge Master Coordinator 1. Two year degree in related field and Certification as Registered 1. Coordinates, reviews and ensures accurate execution of all charges, additions or deletions to CDM.
Experience & Education Required
Records Administrator/Advanced Records Technician or licensure as
Registered Nurse by State of Texas required.
2. Hospital Revenue Cycle experience, knowledge of coding, medical
record documentation, Government billing requirements or five (5)
years experience in nursing, medical billing, charge master and
and coding required.
2. Conducts ongoing research and review of all regulatory issues related to charging and distributes to Chargemaster Team and affected department heads. Follows-up with each department to ensure appropriate actions are taken.
3. Prepares organization for timely implementation of annual coding updates, periodic Revenue Code updates, modifier revisions, and regulatory updates related to Charge Master data.
4. Keeps up to date on all new and/or upgraded system functionalities available for CDM. Coordinates with department to analyze, implement or control new applications that effect or interface to CDM.
5. Researches manual claims revisions and claims errors related to CDM in billing process to identify issues and ensures continued accuracy of CDM data.
6. Oversees internal compliance audits requested by Compliance Officer and/or other appropriate members of executive team. Reports findings to Compliance Officer and/or other appropriate member of executive team.
7. Maintains current documentation of charge processes within institution.
1. Two year degree in related field and Certification as Registered
1. Coordinates, reviews and ensures accurate execution of all charges, additions or deletions to CDM.