Experience and Education
Two year degree in related field or other educational background combined with work experience relevant to position. Experience with hospital information system, partcularly EPIC HB strongly preferred. Hospital Revenue Cycle experience, knowledge of coding, medical record decumentation, Government billing requirements.
1. Performs all maintenance to the Charge Description Master (CDM). Processes CDM requests to ensure that all additions, changes and deletions are consistent with proper charging, billing, coding and pricing practices in a timely manner.2. Analyzes data within the CDM and assigns accurate CPT/HCPCS and revenue codes to the CDM to insure compliance with regulartory agencies.
3. Reseaches and resolves all CDM related code errors effecting the account and charge review work queues.
4. Provides assistnace and anlaysis to all levels of management in support of suggested, requested and/or mandated changes to the CDM.5. Assists with annual review of the CDM and quartlerly updates as appropriate to enhance revenue for the hospital departments.
6. Conducts monthly reconciliation between billing system and Chargemaster management tool. Works with IR to make necessary adjustments. Reports findings to Chargmaster Manager.
7. Develops and maintains policies and procedures for the CDM, Pricing Policies and charge captur processes **Other Duties: Performs other duties as assigned.