Overview: Management Science Associates, Inc. (MSA) is a diversified information management company that for nearly half a century has provided market leaders with a competitive edge in data management, analytics, and technology.
We are seeking a highly motivated Senior Marketing Research Analyst for our Business Analysis division to develop and present insightful and innovative solutions for a top fast moving consumer goods manufacturer located in the Richmond, VA area. The selected candidate will train at MSA s headquarters in Pittsburgh, PA for a period of three to six months. After which, the selected candidate will begin working on-site at the client location on a full-time basis, with occasional trips back to Pittsburgh to meet with the core team.
The successful candidate will become an integral part of the client s analytics group, forging successful client relationships as well as providing value-adding business insights. The new hire will also proactively seek additional business opportunities for MSA to provide to the client. Qualified candidates must possess an analytical background coupled with strong business acumen. Additionally, solid communications skills are required for articulating business recommendations based on quantitative modeling and techniques. The candidate will be required to utilize statistical packages such as SAS and SPSS to manipulate and integrate all germane data sources, as well as perform the statistical modeling.
- Designs a structured analytical approach to answer a business question
- Uses advanced statistical techniques, such as developing regression and time-series forecast models
- Resolves complex problems for clients based on ownership knowledge of specific statistical models used with the client; and based on advanced analytical knowledge and techniques needed to maintain and improve all analytical tools and processes of use to client projects
- Interprets analyses and synthesizes findings to identify strategic recommendations
- Often MSA's final expert on the models and analytics used in major accounts
- Requires BS/BA in quantitative business, math, statistics, economics or equivalent experience
- MBA degree or MS in Statistics may substitute for one year of experience
- Minimum three years related experience
- Knowledge of statistics, mathematics and marketing required; business exposure highly desirable
- The person must be knowledgeable of different quantitative research techniques and familiarity with various data sources preferred
- High level of comfort and skill with statistical packages (knowledge of SAS desirable) and Microsoft Office products essential
- Ability to translate analytical results to business implications is essential
- Previous experience with project management and leading small project teams
- Ability to effectively interact with clients
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Good interpersonal and team skills
- Ability to multi-task is essential
As an international industry leader, we can offer you an exceptional working environment, salary commensurate with experience and an incredible benefits package including:
- Profit Sharing & Savings Plan (401K with matching funds)
- A Floating Holiday in addition to Vacation and Eight Paid Holidays
- Cash Bonuses paid for employee referrals
- Health, Dental, and Vision Plans, and Short and Long Term Disability
MSA requests that you apply for this position through our web site to ensures efficient processing of your application. Submitting a resume by email, mail, fax or through the apply button on a resume web site will cause relevant information to be missed. Please use the following link to apply:
Your interest in our company is appreciated however, only candidates considered for interview selection will be notified.
Must Provide Base Salary Requirements Or Salary History For Further Consideration