General Manager in Training
The General Manager in Training position is a great opportunity to take your career and talent to the next level, while working for a company that is committed to helping others within the local community. The General Manager in Training development program will consist of a minimum commitment of 6 months of training where you will learn from hands-on and classroom experience. The selected candidate will train by rotating around various locations in the assigned region during the training period and will have an emphasis in:
- The management of people including motivating teams to become highly productive.
- Training will also be provided in the overall operation of our organization from the bottom up.
- The Trainee will learn to manage staff and the operations from a financial perspective.
- The Trainee will receive in classroom training, as well as field and on-line training. \
After successful completion of the training period, the General Manager in Training will assume the role of a General Manager at one our SCI locations. This Placement will most likely result in relocation within the state.
- Manage overall operations and sales activity for the assigned location.
- Ensure that a premier level of client satisfaction is provided exceeding client families expectations.
- Work with staff to reach or exceed projected sales/profit goals assigned location.
- Achieve the financial goals of the location while executing the marketing strategies of the organization in collaboration with the sales team.
- Develop and maintain a positive and productive working environment that motivates employees to strive for performance excellence.
- Advancement Opportunities
- Outstanding Compensation and Bonus Potential while training
- Training in the classroom, in the field, and on-line through our award winning Dignity University
- Full benefits (Including Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance PLUS a 401K with a GENEROUS company match)
- Stability SCI* (www.sci-corp.com) is the LARGEST provider of funeral, cremation and cemetery services in North America
- Bachelor's degree in a Business related field strongly preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of experience & knowledge in direct operations management and profit and loss responsibilities.
- Previous sales supervision and operations experience is required.
- Must understand how to analyze financial reports to determine actions necessary to maintain and/or improve the location s performance.
- Must be Bilingual in English and Spanish.
- Proficient with MS Office applications.
- Must have strong business acumen of management, sales and finance.
- Willing to relocate after the training period (possibly outside of Texas).
- Able to travel locally and/or nationally as needed during the training period.
SCI is the largest Funeral Services Company in North America, located in over 40 states with approximately 1,800 locations encompassing over 20,000 employees. SCI is a company dedicated to compassionately supporting families at difficult times, celebrating the significance of lives that have been lived, and preserving memories that transcend generations with dignity and honor- and we have been doing this since 1962. By joining SCI you will be joining North America s largest provider of funeral and cemetery services with locations in Canada and the United States.
For consideration or to learn more about our company, please apply online: www.sci-corp.com
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.