CAMPAIGN PROJECT MANAGER
Responsible as primary support for field Campaign Managers in their execution of sales and marketing lead generation programs.
50% Event Coordination
- Collaborate with field Campaign Managers to oversee lead generation and brand awareness events.
- Collaborate with Market Management, provide event recommendations.
- Create drops and expiration dates for events set-up and communication to the field
- Maintain an accurate count of events and associated costs.
- Ensure specific contracts meet legal department specifications (permits and leases).
- Maintain vendor relationships and negotiate event supplies and equipment.
- Coordinate with field Campaign Manager to ensure that:
- Event guidelines are being followed including brand awareness
- Necessary trainings and supply kits are arranged
- Tracking and opportunity management is maximized
30% Event Follow Up
- Analyzing ROI to include;
- Providing recommendations based on results
- Provide advice and training on the success of events and future planning
- Assist field managers in lead tracking and production by implementing best practices
- Provide quarterly reporting on effectiveness of role to market and to national sales department
Core / Critical Competencies
Demonstrates a Commitment to Services Excellence, Trustworthiness and Integrity
- Acts within and upholds the SCI Code of Conduct and Dignity Promise Standards and demonstrates corporate values
- Is trusted by others; keeps commitments to others
- Comes up with new ways to look at problems and processes in their work
- Works productively with minimal supervision; achieves work objectives in a timely manner
- Works to resolve routine problems promptly and effectively
- Is open to new and different ways to accomplish work
- Responds positively and productively to new initiatives or changes in priorities
- Conveys facts and information clearly in written and spoken communications
- Shares viewpoints and information openly and listens attentively to others ideas and suggestions
- Communicates in a timely and effective manner with manager
Collaborate with Others
- Proactively contributes to group objectives; volunteers to help others as needed
- Welcomes ideas and input from others
Build Productive Relationships (Internal / External)
- Relates to others in open and helpful manner; consistently treat others with respect
- Maintains composure in challenging situations
- Bachelor degree in business, marketing or communications
- 2 years of direct sales experience
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to collaborate with marketing and the respective sales teams
- Ability to manage a high number of small tasks related to lead generation and management of assigning leads
- Ability to accurately and carefully maintain lead records and their status in ALAS to facilitate lead assignment, reporting and tracking of leads into opportunities.
- Ability to build strong relationships with Sales and the prospect
When considering the work environment associated with this job, the following factors may apply:
- Work indoors during all seasons and weather conditions
- Standard business dress is required
When considering the work postures associated with this job, the following factors may apply:
- Sitting continuously for many hours per day, up to 6 hours per day
When considering the physical demands associated with this job, the following factors may apply:
- Physical effort requiring manual dexterity is required, includes paperwork, calculators, computers and phone usage
When considering the work hours associated with this job, the following factors may apply:
- Working a number of evenings every month
SCI is the largest Funeral Services Company in North America, located in over 40 states with over 2,000 locations encompassing over 20,000 employees. SCI is a company dedicated to compassionately supporting families at difficult times, celebrating the significance of lives that have been lived, and preserving memories that transcend generations with dignity and honor- and we have been doing this since 1962. By joining SCI you will be joining North America s largest provider of funeral and cemetery services with locations in Canada and the United States.
- Full health benefits (medical, dental, vision, life)
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan
- Vacation and sick time
- Tuition reimbursement
- Funeral discounts, and more
SCI offers advanced training resources, career advancement opportunities in the largest organization in the industry, attractive benefits, and a wonderful community to serve with plenty of culture and personality.
Did You Know?:
SCI is a company with heart, that truly embodies the definition of compassion. SCI assists the community in various charities & programs.
- Dignity Memorial Vietnam Wall (a traveling, three-quarter scale replica of the Vietnam Veterans Memorial in Washington, D.C.)
- The Dignity Memorial Homeless Veterans Burial Program (provides dignified burial services for eligible homeless and indigent veterans)
- SCI sponsors a number of community programs designed to keep families safe
- United Way
- Tour de Cure
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.