This position is responsible for the administration, analysis, design, implementation, support, and troubleshooting of the Windows server and storage system environment, with focus on NetApp and EMC storage systems.
- Performs expert level server administration functions, including configuring, installing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading hardware and operating systems.
- Plans, implements, and supports changes to the Windows server and storage/network systems, particularly as it pertains to the NetApp and EMC SAN/NAS, and Virtual infrastructure
- Collaborates with User Support to provide Level II and III troubleshooting in support of technical solutions
- Work closely with Enterprise DBA and Application Support personnel on projects and issue resolution
- Performs System Administration duties such as creating new accounts, making changes, and maintaining lists, and performing backups, etc.
- Provides detailed documentation and procedures for all solutions.
- Identifies and explores new technologies and best practices that could advance the infrastructure to improve performance, reliability and availability, especially focusing on Exchange, VMware, and Enterprise Databases
- Leads medium-to-large scale tasks or small-to-medium projects efficiently, on time and within budget, using appropriate resources of time, funds and person.
- Develop and maintain IT liaison relationship with functional departments and key users and vendors
- Simplifies technical jargon so that it is easily understood by the audience
- Advanced storage system administration experience (SAN/NAS, Brocade/NetApp/EMC)
- Strong Windows Server Operating System implementation and administration skills (Server 2003/2008)
- Experience in design, implementation and administration of Enterprise VMware virtualization solutions and infrastructures (vCenter, ESX, HA Clusters, VDI/View)
- Experience with Enterprise Backup and Recovery solutions (Symantec NetBackup)
- Experience with the configuration/administration of BladeCenter/System technologies (HP, IBM)
- Strong Active Directory, Group Policy, DHCP and DNS Administration skills.
- Experience supporting and maintaining an Enterprise Level IT Data Center (Racking, HVAC, Power, UPS, Cabling)
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP Protocol.
- Expert troubleshooting and problem resolution skills.
- Highly organized self-starter with an eye for detail who can maintain multiple ongoing projects simultaneously
- Entrepreneurial, flexible attitude with ability to work well in ambiguous, changing situations and reprioritize work accordingly
- Function independently with minimal direction to drive a project to execution
- Strong interpersonal and clear communication skills (verbal and written)
- A sustained ability to execute on critical projects with accelerated schedules and manage demands with frequent changes or delays.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work effectively as part of a team
- Willing to work long (sometimes odd) hours.
Please apply directly at:http://ciena-openhire.silkroad.com/epostings/submit.cfm?fuseaction=app.dspjob&jobid=170&company_id=16622&jobboardid=2422
- Bachelor s Degree and/or eight to ten years demonstrated technical experience may be substituted in lieu of degree
- Candidates must have eight to 10 years in Systems and Network Administration and demonstrated experience with administration of Microsoft Active Directory, VMware, SAN/NAS platforms, Windows 2003 and Windows 2008 Servers