Sr. Sales Applications Manager
There is no greater calling or opportunity for a fluid management company than today s challenge helping customers protect people, the environment and our natural resources. Together we are implementing technologies that purify and conserve water, consume less energy, make alternative energy sources possible and practical, advance medicine and minimize emissions and waste. Our collective efforts are enabling a greener more sustainable future.Pall is a Fortune 1000 materials science and engineering company with the broadest filtration, separation and purification capabilities in the world. Our process and product enabling technologies help our customers make good products better, safer and even possible. We provide innovative products to customers in health care, biotechnology, pharmaceutical, semiconductor, municipal drinking water, aerospace and industrial manufacturing markets.Headquartered in Long Island, NY, Pall has operations in every major country.Job Description:Sr. Sales Applications Manager New Port Richey, FL
The primary function of the Sr. Sales Applications Manager is to generate new business within a specific market place or product line by direct selling and supervising direct reporting sales personnel, when assigned and coordinating Russell Associates representatives. The Sr. Sales Applications Manager is responsible for certain account aspects of formulating and implementing the Companies overall sales/marketing plan. The Sr. Sales Applications Manager is directly responsible for a major market segment of the Company and seeks new business opportunities within that segment or designated product lines. Works closely with the Regional Sales Manager and SAM/KAM to coordinate new business activities. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan short and long-term sales/marketing objectives for assigned market, includes specific sales action plans. Marshal appropriate internal and external resources to implement marketing plans and meet sales objectives.
- Participates in a Market Planning Group to establish new product and/or market targets. These specific targets are added to the predicted follow-on business to establish sales/marketing objectives for the Company. The objectives become the responsibility of the Applications Manager who, in concert with the appropriate Engineering team members, establishes a win plan for the program or account. The Applications Manager implements established plans by coordinating resources (internal and external) and executes the steps required to meet the plan objectives.
- Promote new product/market potentials both within the Company and in the marketplace.
- Maintain the Company market position by providing the necessary intelligence on the marketplace and the competitive situation as to achieve winning proposals.
- Maintain good customer relations to assure continuing and growing sales for the Company.
- Influence sales force and program management interactions with other functions and activities within the Company so as to establish an effective and professional work environment. Supports Program Management with major customers.
- Cross functional working with project engineering, department managers and top management as necessary to act on major policy decisions, bid/no-bid decisions and status updates on major programs.
- Interfaces with applicable government agencies, reads various published intelligence/industry/aerospace reports, and customer contact, accomplishes monitoring progress of the program or account.
- Daily activity consists of priority setting, analyzing competitive situations, establishing selling prices (in concert with top management and pricing committee) and developing solutions to special customer situations that emerge.
- Responsible for staffing, training, budgets, product promotion, expense account control, interdepartmental relations, performance appraisals and other departmental management.
- Travel as required to Secure/Maintain Business relationship to make presentations, special problem solving, negotiations and closing a sale.
- ME or EE Degree preferred or strong technical aptitude and full understanding of the product line and its application. MBA preferred.
- 10+ years Sales management within aerospace industry in a related product line including planning/implementing short and long term sales/marketing objectives, supervising direct reporting sales personnel, training, budgets, product promotion, expense account control, and performance appraisals.
- Demonstrated experience in cross functional working with engineering, program management, sales, marketing, department managers and top management.
- Proven experience presenting proposals, formulating bids, championing the approval process, analyzing competitive situations and establishing selling pricing with the aerospace industry.
We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive array of benefits, and the opportunity to work with a dynamic team of professionals.Equal Opportunity EmployerM/F/D/VPall Corporation is committed to equal opportunities to all without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, disability, veteran's status or any other personal trait protected by federal, state or local law.