A Kforce client is seeking a Accounting Director for their New York, NY location.
The Office of Accounting Policy (OAP) provides interpretive accounting, disclosure, and operational guidance on all products within the asset management business, including investments, real estate, and other asset classes such as private equity and hedge fund investments. The role will require the individual to partner with OAP colleagues and business unit personnel to provide expert knowledge of accounting policy and advice and consultation on various transactions and accounting issues. This role will report to the head of Accounting Policy for Asset Management.
- Analysis of investments and transactions to address accounting and reporting issues including income recognition, impairment, fair value, consolidation (VIE/VOE), asset transfers, loans, among others
- Application of existing U.S. GAAP, monitoring of new accounting developments and participation in comment letters and implementation of new accounting rules
- Coordination with personnel in other OAP groups (Corporate, Insurance, Transaction and IFRS teams), asset management, investment accounting, corporate reporting and other areas
- Determination of accounting conclusions on issues / transactions and discussion with internal and external constituents
- Consultation with external auditors and other outside advisors
- Documentation of research and conclusions
The qualified candidate should be energetic, highly motivated and a self-starter who is capable of discussing complex accounting matters in plain English with senior level individuals.
- 10 or more years of professional accounting experience including substantial experience at a large public accounting firm, insurance or asset management industry experience is preferred
- Outstanding technical accounting skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, confident and engaging presenter to a senior audience
- Excellent leadership and collaborative skills with the ability to build relationships, influence decisions and execute in a timely and efficient manner
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Public Accounting experience and a CPA are strongly preferred