A great place to work
What's it like to work at Blue Cross? An independent survey asked Blue Cross employees, and the majority agreed:
- Blue Cross has a friendly environment
- Our people are strongly engaged in the work we do
- The organization helps to build skills that are in demand in the marketplace
- Employees intend to stay with Blue Cross
- As a company, Blue Cross "lives" our company values
At Blue Cross, we support your good health
In fact, Blue Cross was named a "Best Employer for Healthy Lifestyles" for our efforts to promote and improve a healthier working environment for employees. This distinction comes from The National Business Group on Health, a nonprofit organization dedicated to providing solutions to health care problems.
Blue Cross received the award for its many programs that raise awareness and increase employee health. Programs include:
- Discounts for working out at fitness centers
- Blue Balance, Blue Cross' worksite wellness program offering activities, events and education designed to improve health
- Weight Watchers at work
- On-site fitness centers with personal trainers and fitness classes
- Running clubs and recreational sports teams
- Brown bag lunch seminars on a variety of health and wellness topics.
You'll experience a commitment to diversity
Blue Cross celebrates diverse experiences and backgrounds. By introducing new and innovative people to the company, we incorporate different perspectives and skills and achieve our goal of offering the best products and services on the market. Diversity, whether about attributes or behaviors, will give us a competitive advantage and allow us to grow and be successful.
One way Blue Cross supports diversity is through its Diversity Council, made up of employee members who work to promote a fair and respectful work environment where employees can achieve their full potential. The Council promotes cultural and educational opportunities for employees and sponsors employee resource groups based on affinity or interest areas.