Making glass for the world's buildings and vehicles.
Pilkington is a leader in the global flat glass industry and is one of the world's largest manufacturers of glass and glazing products for the building and automotive industries. For more information on Pilkington and its products, visit our website at www.pilkington.com.
Pilkington at a Glance - A Leader in the Global Glass Industry
- Founded in 1826 and a member of NSG Group since June 2006, Pilkington is one of the world's largest manufacturers of glass and glazing products for building, automotive and related technical markets.
- Pilkington and NSG have manufacturing operations in 26 countries and sales in 130 countries, employing approximately 36,000 people worldwide.
- With its associates, Pilkington has the widest geographical reach of any glassmaker, enabling it to respond to customers whose operations are increasingly global.
- Two worldwide business lines: Building Products, supplying original equipment and refurbishment glass for the world's buildings; and Automotive Products, supplying glass and glazing systems to the original equipment and replacement glass markets.
- Pilkington and NSG have ownership/interest in 46 float lines producing 6.4 million tons of glass produced per year.
- The float glass process - developed by Sir Alastair Pilkington in 1952 - is the world standard for high quality glass production.
- Inventors of the world's first self-cleaning glass - Pilkington Activ .