Problems of achieving a satisfactory erection are fairly common. If the problem does not originate from lack of lust and is great enough to make normal intercourse impossible, the condition is called erectile dysfunction (impotence). Erection problems are caused by combined physical and psychological factors.
THE ERECTION MECHANISM
The %#&@$! has three bodies containing a dense network of blood vessels along all its length. During erection blood is filled into the vessels of these bodies. The bodies then engorge, make the %#&@$! hard and rise it up. The filling of these bodies occur when the vessels leading blood to the %#&@$! relax and vessels draining the %#&@$! constrict their volume.
Before and during erection nerves lead impulses to the genitals. The nerve ends in this area then releases the substance nitrogen oxide. Nitrogen oxide will diffuse through the genital area and the %#&@$! and stimulate the reaction of the blood vessels in the %#&@$!.
PHYSICAL CAUSES OF ERECTION PROBLEMS
Erection problems can occur because of disorders in the nervous system sending impulses to the genital area, problems with the blood supply to the %#&@$! and anatomical problems in the %#&@$! or genital area. Specific causes can be:
- Accidents, stroke, surgery or tumours hurting brain areas or areas in the spinal cord responsible for erection impulses.
- Multiple sclerosis, a disease hurting the isolating sheets around the neural fibres in the brain and spinal cord, can give erection problems.
- Accidents or diseases hurting nerves from the spinal cord to the genital region.
- Atherosclerosis caused by age or an unhealthy lifestyle, giving narrowing and hardening of blood vessels to the genital region.
- Injury to the erectile bodies caused by inflammation, accidents or diseases.
- Congenital malformations in the %#&@$! or genital region, for example hypospadias and epispadias.
- Peyronie's disease, a common inflammatory disease causing abnormal bending or twisting of the %#&@$!, and sometimes also hinder the filling of blood into the erectile bodies, sometimes gives problems for the erections.
- Circumcision causing the penile skin to be too tight, or causing extensive inelastic scars.
- Side effects of medicines, such as medications taken for high blood pressure or depression.
- Zinc deficiency.
- Heart disease.
- Diabetes causing injury to the nerves and blood vessels to the %#&@$!.
- High blood pressure (hypertension).
- Liver or kidney disease.
- Alcohol or drug abuse impairing psychological and neural functions.
PSYCHOLOGICAL CAUSES OF ERECTION PROBLEMS
Psychological causes can interfere with the erection process by distracting a man from stimuli that normally would give him sexual arousal. Psychological issues account for about 40% of erection problems. Erection problems impotencia in men under age 50 are most likely to be caused by psychological factors. Psychological causes of erection problems include:
- Anxiety for not being able to perform sexually as well as the partner demands.
- Prolonged emotional upset, such as worrying, anxiety or anger due to a man's economical, professional or social situation.
- Relationship problems, for example when the woman has different preferences of sexual practice than the man.
- A man who loses sexual desire for his partner may develop erection problems.
- Recently widowed men can get erection problems.
- Some men have difficulty having sexual intercourse with their partner after she has given birth because he does not like the changes that the birth process has caused to the woman's body.
When a specific organic and psychological condition causes problems for the erections, this problem should be treated with appropriate methods that will vary according to the actual disease.
If the cause is heart disease or atherosclerosis, lifestyle changes and training adapted to the medical situation can often improve the general health situation and improve the erectile abilities.
If the cause of the erection problems is a problematic penile shape, for example curved or twisted %#&@$! by Peyronie's disease, using a mechanical %#&@$! reaction device for some time may help.
On the marked you can also find herbal products to treat injured or diseased blood vessels in the genital area. These products typically contain herbal elements that experience has proven to stimulate tissue repair in blood vessels.
POSSIBLE FUNCTIONAL TREATMENT
It is not always possible to cure the condition causing erectile problems. Still the problems can be overcome by medication that stimulates the vessels leading blood to the %#&@$! to relax and the vessels draining the %#&@$! to constrict. These drugs typically achieve this task by stimulating the release of nitrogen oxide in the genital area or by mimicing nitrogen oxide.
Viagra and Cialis are the best known pharmacological treatment for erection problems. In spite of what people often think, these drugs do not increase the sexual drive. If the sexual excitement is there, Viagra can help to achieve erection, if the drive and excitement lack in the first place, Viagra will not help.
There are also herbal products on the market that stimulate the erection mechanism. Erection oils give an instant erection response, but the response only last 2-3 hours. Erection or potency pills take a longer time to give effect, but the effect lasts for many hours. The herbal product will often contain components that increase the sexual excitement in addition to improving the pure erection mechanism.
If it is not possible at all to achieve erection with any treatment, surgical implants can help to make the %#&@$! stiff and raised up enough to perform an intercourse. One type of implant is partly rigid bodies that make the %#&@$! permanently partially erected. Another type of implant is inflatable bodies that can make the %#&@$! fully erected when the need rises.
Heartburn affects about 60 million Americans once a month and while it is a very common medical condition, people often choose the wrong techniques to treat heartburn. While there are natural heartburn cures that a person suffering from frequent heartburn may use as a heartburn home remedy; more and more sufferers are considering a popular and expensive GERD treatment called nissen fundoplication. This is a surgical treatment that is recommended for people suffering from GERD or gastroesophageal reflux disease.
In GERD, too much gastric acid spills from the stomach to the esophagus causing severe symptoms. Nissen fundoplication is a reflux remedy which uses a valve that will prevent the acid from moving up to the esophagus. This valve however only temporarily reduces heartburn symptoms and often recurrence of heartburn happens. Patients suffer from recurrence even when the valve is present due to lack of motivation to change their diet and to make better lifestyle choices.
Why is heartburn home remedy better?
Home remedies are better in heartburn relief simply because they work. You can cure heartburn by simply making better choices when it comes to foods you eat, when to eat them and how much you eat per meal. It costs thousands of dollars to undergo surgical procedures in an attempt to relieve heartburn however; natural remedies may not cost you anything at all. Medications like antacids and H2 blocker drugs on the other hand may be very effective but have serious side effects in tow. All in all, natural remedies are the best ways to cure and prevent heartburn.
What are practical heartburn natural remedies to use?
As mentioned, minding what you eat is a practical way to stop heartburn. You need to watch what you eat since there are so many foods that can trigger heartburn. Spicy foods like curries, salsas, hot peppers and hot sauces are must be avoided; fatty foods like deep fried foods and sauces may also trigger a bout of heartburn.
You must also refrain from eating too much since this is a sure way to trigger more gastric acid production. Eat small meals instead and take time to stand and do activities before you lie down. If you are always on the acidez en la garganta go, pause and relax before you gulp down your food. Relax before, during and after meals will prevent you from having another heartburn attack.
Are there any special considerations?
Aside from simple lifestyle practices, there are also natural ways to reduce heartburn and that is to use herbs and natural supplements. Although most of these are highly effective, pregnant women must never use any heartburn home remedy unless recommended by their doctor. Pregnancy often brings terrible cases of heartburn and is attributed to changes in hormone levels. Pregnant women may instead use cure remedies to naturally reduce heartburn like eating small but frequent meals and avoid lying down after a meal. If heartburn gets worse, pregnant women may consult their doctor for the best possible reflux remedy.