I love to cook an when I come across some good recipes I like to share them. I really enjoy all of G. Garvin's recipes. Besides him looking so good he is a really good cook. You can find some more of his recipes at http://www.tvoneonline.com/sho ws/show.asp?sid=121 .
Try this recipe!
Honey-dipped Fried Chicken
(and Buttermilk Waffles)
INGREDIENTS for Honey-dipped Fried Chicken:
1 whole chicken cut into parts
6 large eggs
1 cup flour
1 tbsp seasoned salt
1 tbsp garlic salt
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tbsp salt
1 tsp pepper
2-3 cups vegetable oil
PROCEDURE for Honey-dipped Fried Chicken:
- Cut and clean all chicken parts. Set aside in a bowl of ice water.
- Place flour on a large plate and set aside.
- Coat frying pan with vegetable oil, and heat over a medium flame.
- Combine and briskly stir the eggs, buttermilk and honey until ingredients are
evenly mixed. NOTE: Mixture should have the same consistency as syrup.
- Generously season both sides of chicken parts with salt, garlic salt, black
pepper and cayenne pepper.
- Dip chicken into the egg and honey buttermilk batter and let excess batter dip
- Evenly coat the chicken in flour.
- Fry the chicken for 8-10 minutes on each side or until chicken is golden
- When done, place the chicken on a paper towel to absorb excess oil.
6 large eggs
2 cups buttermilk
2 sticks butter
1- cups sifted cake flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
cup toasted almonds
1 cup fresh strawberries
1 cup maple syrup
1 non-stick waffle iron
1 can of non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat waffle iron and spray with nonstick spray.
- Mix eggs, buttermilk and 2 sticks of melted butter in a large bowl.
- Slowly add sifted flour and continually stir until mixture is smooth.
- Stir in baking soda and baking powder until all ingredients are evenly mixed.
NOTE: add 2-3 tablespoons of flour if you prefer a thicker batter.
- Pour batter into waffle maker and close lid. Let waffles cook until waffle
maker beeps or signals that they are done.
- Sprinkle almonds on top of cooked waffles.
- Place 1-2 pieces of honey-dipped fried chicken on top of the waffles. Top with
- Sift powdered sugar and drizzle maple syrup over chicken and waffles.