The following is a list of lessons that I've learned over the years. These are a combination of original thoughts, life experiences, reading, intellectual debates/discussions and lectures. Feel free to add or comment.
1. Bad karma is eliminated through forgiveness. Revenge is what continues bad karma.
2. You are what you answer to.
3. He/she who can anger you, can control you.
4. The youth literally are our futures in the flesh; they mimic what they see. We are what they see.
5. Once you understand ignorance, you develop more patience.
6. Proper communication will get you anything you want. Most communication is non-verbal. ex. Body language.
7. When an individual has to resort to violence to get a point across, that person lacks verbal skills.
8. We are in this world, not of this world.
9. If you are going to assume, assume in your favor. Ex- It is not in your favor to assume the worst about people/things because that will not benefit you.
10. Life is what you make it. This is why people can go from nothing to having anything they want.
11. Always keep your head up so you can see what's in front for you.
12. You don't have to have a degree to be a teacher.
13. The strong rule the weak, but the smart rule the strong.
14. The toughest people can resist negative temptation, not give in to it.
15. Women and men are here to compliment each other. Not one over the other. Without each other there would be no life.
16. Success occurs when preparation meets opportunity. In other words, always be prepared for success when it presents itself.
17. Procrastination is the king of failure.
18. Focusing on your past, re-creates it for your future.
19. Blessings are blocked by fear.
20. Only love can conquer hate.
21. Actions show what you believe in, not your words or thoughts.
22. There are 3 sides to a story. Your's, another's, and the truth. The truth doesn't take sides, people do.
23. If you continually give, you will continually have.
24. Thoughts become your words, words become your actions, and actions become your life, so be mindful of what you think about.
25. There is only one race on the planet, and it's human. Color is not a race, it's a human construct used to separate. Once we can truly understand this, we can move closer to peace.
26. Think before you speak.
27. You have two ears and one mouth. Listen twice as much as you speak.
28. The more honest you are, the less you should have to remember.
29. The eyes are the windows to the soul. Make eye contact when you communicate.
30. A true warrior prays for peace.
31. Think in angles not straight lines, so you won't be caught off guard.
32. Always expect the unexpected.
33. The body is like an automobile and the mind is like the driver. Taking proper care of your body will get you to your destination.